Saturday, April 16, 2005

Breakout game?

Sporting Goods


Last week I had the pleasure of watching my first Mets game of the season (thanks to Time-Warner and Cablevision I only get to watch games on the weekend. I won't even get started about this.). Aaron Heilman vs. the Atlanta Braves. It was the Mets fifth loss in a row. In my sorrow I remember saying to everybody who would listen that Heilman looked like he had great stuff but was just a little too excited and kept his pitches up, leading to a grand slam and a bomb by Larry (nee Chipper).

Last night, Mr. Heilman proved me right when he threw a one-hitter for the Mets (their millioneth one-hitter, but still no no-no), now winners of six in a row. Of course, I remember seeing Glendon Rusch pitch a one-hitter for the Mets against the Red Sox a couple of years ago, so I try not to get too excited about these things. Not like the NY media, which is already talking about which Met starter is going to lose their job. Calm down people. One game. A fun game and great for the team, especially with the Pedro home opener today (already a sell-out), but still just one game. But it does look like there is going to be some excitement surrounding these Mets. Now if we could only field a team full of MLB starters. That would be nice. Damn injuries.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

Now we can we trade Trachsel and Benson for a real closer.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 8:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home