Sunday, October 22, 2006

That's why they play...Part II

Sporting Goods

As Chill pointed out earlier, the "experts" don't seem to know much, and of course they have all picked the Tigers to roll through the Cardinals in the World Series. Now one game closer to being wrong (again - don't forget none of the 19 ESPN experts picked the Tigers to advance out of the ALDS, and only one of 19 picked the Cards to reach the NLCS), we'll see if they start backtracking or if they wait to see what happens in the next 2-3 games.

One thing that struck me heading into the World Series is that I just don't see the Tigers' lineup being much better than the Mets: it may be a bit deeper overall, but their 1-5 of Granderson-Monroe-Polanco-Ordonez-Guillen doesn't match up to Reyes-LoDuca-Beltran-Delgado-Wright. And the Mets problem was that hot Cardinals pitching was able to shut them down.

I'm sure that NL fans are pulling for the Cardinals, hoping that ends the stupid 'AAAA' talk.

Me, I can't stand the Cardinals. I know the media wants me to love Eckstein and Edmonds and LaRussa and Rolen, but I just don't. And I don't care for Preston Wilson or Encarnacion or Molina or any of their crappy pitchers that somehow shut down the Mets. So while watching the "experts" look stupid once again is kind of fun, I'll be pulling for the inevitable victory riot to happen late Saturday night in Detroit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home