Thursday, March 15, 2007

THE ORACLE!

SPORTING GOODS

If you start off your tournament picks 8 for 8, is it OK to brag even though all 8 were the favored seeds? I didn't think so. So, I won't.

But I will say, following up on Monocle's earlier post, today and tomorrow must feature the most unproductive afternoons of the year. I am extremely busy, with tight deadlines to meet, yet I can't go more than 5 minutes without refreshing scores, checking my brackets, and going to talk to my co-workers about the games. Further, while wasting time in a pub in Rye, New York earlier this afternoon (long story), I was amazed at the amount of suits who were in a dive bar for their lunch hour, just so they could catch 45 minutes of the BC-Texas Tech game.

For me, March Madness has come just in time, as I'm already tired of Spring Training, and the accompanying speculation and meaningless games. With the Huskies' season over, this is a year I can fully focus on my brackets and dreaming about the college star who will be sporting Celtic green next year. And by the time that starts to wind down, it will be opening day. Maybe by then I'll remember how to write a blog post with one single theme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home