Saturday, October 20, 2007

Unbelievable

Manifesto

Given the events of the last week (the rolling over on FISA, Pelosi condemning Rep. Pete Stark for actually criticizing Bush with "inappropriate" words) and the events of the last year (basically the Democratic Congress's complete and utter inability to actually accomplish anything, even something as basic as controlling the debate in Congress or even offering sustained debate on the war), I am strongly considering changing my party status to Independent. The reality is I'm tired of associating with a bunch of losers who are more concerned with what people think about them than actually leading people. The Democratic party clearly has no interest in representing me, at all. I now spend most of my weekends dodging calls from the DCCC and Obama because of past donations. I guess my money is good, just not my politics.

As it is, I actually just donated $50 to Chris Dodd for his principled stand on FISA. And I've always considered Dodd a tool of big business.

Simply unbelievable.

2007 has really been a disappointment on all levels for me but none more so than politically. Discontented doesn't begin to describe it. I would use disaffected but I am, by definition, the "man", so I don't think that works.

I wonder if they need barristers in Melbourne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home