Sunday, November 23, 2008

Joe must go, cont'd

MANIFESTO

From Senator Sanctimony's appearance on this morning's Meet the Press as Jason Linkins saw it:
Brokaw calls out Lieberman for breaking his promise not to criticize Obama from the RNC. OH, SWEET MOSES: Lieberman tries this, "I wasn't speaking to the Republican delegates, I was speaking to independents and Democrats" defense, and Brokaw throws some mad PSHAW! on that. "Due respect," he says, "But you were speaking at the Republican Convention."

"It's over," Lieberman says, "we have to all unite behind them." I always recommend that you never let Lieberman get behind you without watching him. He's got Play-Doh for principles and the soul of a Roman conspirator. Cassius Clay, call him.

What about all the crazy-ass things that Sarah Palin and others said about Obama? Lieberman never expressed his disapproval. Lieberman lies and says that he did, "to people in the media," but in fact he's not really expressing his disapproval now! He approves of the "tone Obama has set in victory" in that Joe still has a job.

Brokaw brings up Lieberman's approval of Palin. For what it's worth, my wife remarks of Brokaw: "Dude can barely conceal his disgust." She adds, loudly, "Just say, 'I WAS WRONG.' 'I WAS WRONG.' SAY IT. USE YOUR WORDS. 'I WAS WRONG.'" Like the Social Distortion song. Remember: this liveblog will always be a safe place for fans of Social Distortion.

But now Brokaw wants to get into the FEELINGS. Did the non-punishment feel like a punishment? Of course it didn't. And it wasn't. "I think the President wants to have a united Democratic party...the people are sick of partisanship, they want someone to put country first and that, I think is what Barack Obama has been making clear he will do since the night he was elected." Uhm, since before that night, actually, Joe, you farkakte ganef.

My wife opines: "Joe Lieberman is like that pregnant man. He wants it both ways. He thinks he's having it both ways. He believes he can convince me there are two ways about it. But I'm not fooled: THAT'S A UTERUS, WHAT YOU HAVE."
Apparently, there are people who take this unprincipled moron seriously (I'm looking at you, Harry Reid.); I just don't know how they can do it.

UPDATE — Steve Benen has a more concise post on the junior senator's MTP appearance. (And the comments are excellent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home