Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Inauguration Thoughts

MANIFESTO

Unfortunately my work load didn't allow me to take the time to watch the Inauguration live yesterday, so I watched the new president get sworn in via cnn.com, and then turned it off to watch the speech on DVR later in the evening.

So watching it last evening after mostly working through it today, I jotted down a few random thoughts because it's no fun to make these comments to myself:

The best part of watching it on DVR rather than live? Fast-forwarding right through that a-hole Rick Warren

Joe Biden cracks me up, I'd like to adopt him as my great-uncle. "Thanks a lot, Justice!"

I know it's wrong, but I'm glad they had to roll Cheney out of there. Only thing better would have been rolling him out in a coffin 7.9 years ago (ba-dum-CHA!)

Robert Bennett is really creepy; I don't know how anyone votes for that guy even if they agree with his politics

It's so awkward thinking of Bush sitting there right next to him while Obama basically talks about how we're going to fix all of his screwups and awful policies... (edited to add: nice job by Brokaw basically calling that out after the speech)

Quick! Camera guy! Show me a black person, STAT!

Not to sound like Katie Couric, but those Obama girls are so cute. The thumbs up was too much.

Nothing sweeter than watching W get on that helicopter - don't let the door hit you on the way out. Or do let it hit you. I don't really care; just get out.

People can start making their Christmas lists for 2010 now: W's "memoirs". I'm sure it won't be ghost-written.

Ha, I'm an idiot. I thought people were walking in the reflecting pool (or more accurately ON the reflecting pool) afterwards. It's ice, you moron. Remember? January?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home