Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The state of the papacy

MANIFESTO

In one of his most quoted assertions, St. Ronald said in March, 1987,
"A few months ago[,] I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages [in the Iran-Contra debacle]. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that’s true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."
Such an outrageous statement pretty much gives the lie to any kind of logic at all, and today Joe Ratzinger showed that such foolishness is, unfortunately, still with us.
The pontiff said condoms were not the answer to [Africa's] fight against HIV and Aids and could make the problem worse.
Does this make any sense to anyone at all? It certainly has
outraged health agencies trying to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa, where an estimated 22 million people are infected.
As it turned out, Reagan was suffering from the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Oh, that the pope had such an excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home