Thursday, April 02, 2009

April 1 debriefing

MANIFESTO

Yesterday I sent out a tech-related e-mail to my colleagues that I thought was ridiculous enough to get an appropriately anguished response, but nothing happened. As it turned out, given the state of technology here, the scenario I described seemed like SOP. So much for that little enterprise.

Meanwhile, I got something from "the Central Office" which had to do with the salmonella risk in pistachio nuts. I responded in a hysterical fashion, being sure that the message was an April 1 endeavor. Alas, the sender was in earnest, so I was oh for two in the April Fools department.

I mention this because one has to be extremely wary every first day of the fourth month. Apparently, though, not everyone is as circumspect as I.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

My favorite April Fools story was on This Week in Baseball in the late 1980's (maybe 1989). They did a story about how the MLB was going to switch to Aluminium bats. They interviewed all the players about the switch. All the pitchers feared for their lives. All the hitters were salivating about the idea and the 600 foot homeruns that would follow. Just terrific.

Rob Neyer at ESPN suggests this, which is pretty good too.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home