Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My resentment

MANIFESTO

In his usual insightful way, Frank Rich on Sunday explained the continuing appeal of Governor Gogo:
[S]he stands for a genuine movement: a dwindling white nonurban America that is aflame with grievances and awash in self-pity as the country hurtles into the 21st century and leaves it behind.
Coincidentally, today I discovered that, should Judge Sotomayor be approved for the SCOTUS, the religious makeup of the court will be six Catholics, two Jews and one Protestant.

As a Protestant living in a country where the religious makeup comprises 25% Roman Catholic, 1% Jewish, and 50% Protestant, I feel underrepresented on the court to the point where I feel some kind of conspiracy is afoot. I'm certainly aflame with grievances and awash in self-pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home