Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jets-Colts

SPORTING GOODS

As a kid growing up on the Jersey shore, I was a Jets fan. The Giants, for some reason, never appealed to me (and still don't), and I lived too far from either Philadelphia or Boston to become a fan of those city's teams.

Thus, while I realize many believe it's a grievous iniquity to root for the Jets if one is a Patriots fan, it's nevertheless with a certain amount of anticipation that I look forward to tomorrow's AFC championship game. It's been a moderate amount of fun listening to the gleeful hysteria of the commentators on WFAN (I'm looking at you, Joe Benigno.) this week, and they've certainly added to my anticipation.

To be sure, I don't expect the Jets to win, but I've been wrong before, especially in the biggest game these teams have played heretofore, which I watched enthusiastically in a fraternity house basement surrounded by supercilious Colts fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home