Saturday, November 20, 2010

The nation's shame

MANIFESTO

According to one commenter,
Dahlia Lithwick at Slate offers the smartest take so far on George W. Bush’s noncoerced confession that he authorized waterboarding and aggressively defended torture as part of his “legacy” to future presidents.
Lithwick's piece is a painful read and reminds me that, as I aged, I never thought I'd see my country involved in such egregious practices or in such justifications.

Well, at least one person is crying out in the wilderness:
[London mayor] Boris Johnson ... in a piece in the conservative Daily Telegraph ... advises George W. Bush not to bring his book tour to Britain, because he could face arrest as a war criminal.
Which is, beyond a doubt, exactly what he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home