Monday, April 25, 2005

Crash

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

No, not the David Cronenberg crap-fest. The new movie by Paul Haggis, the man who wrote the screenplay for Million Dollar Baby. I just saw a commercial and it looks like a pretty good movie in the mold of Grand Canyon. I love Grand Canyon, even if it is a long in the tooth at points. Great acting, poignant story. Crash looks like the most promising movie I've heard of in weeks, if not months. Check out the trailer here.

To steal Sergio's phrase, I'd watch Don Cheadle read the phone book. Now I just have to see Hotel Rwanda.

Opens May 6.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

Cheadle is also one of the producers. I've heard the critic from The New Yorker thinks Crash is one of the best directing debuts ever, although other critics have been cooler. Really looking forward to seeing it for myself.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

Hey I LIKED Crash.

Just kidding. Go for the gratuitous sex, stay for the ability to add another movie to your list of "movies to benchmark crappy movies against"

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home