Friday, April 22, 2005

Now pitching...Tyrone Biggums

SPORTING GOODS

Is there a drug that Grant Roberts won't try?

The whole minor league steroids thing makes me wonder. It certainly proves that it takes a whole lot more than steroids to be a great player. But then the question is this: did the bunch of average AAA players who are taking steroids only become average AAA players because of the steroids? Would they be in A ball if they weren't cheating? Or do steroids not really matter that much?

I'm guessing it's more of the former than the latter, but I guess we won't know until we get a better handle on how many pros were on the juice. And it might be years before we really know that.

Update: Thanks for the memories, Grant. - Chill

1 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

Why the hell would the Mets release Grant Roberts? They don't need middle relief help? I don't get that move at all. But, given the suspension, I guess I understand. Looks like Mr. Roberts was trying to recover from injury the old-fashioned way, lots and lots of drugs.

Friday, April 22, 2005 3:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home