Monday, May 23, 2005

Why o why is there nothing worth posting

manifesto

A lot going on but nothing I feel like posting about. The Mets, for some reason have kept two historically mediocre veteran pitchers, Zambrano and Ishii, in the starting rotation while sending a promising youngster, Aaron Heilman, to the 'pen, and a young pitcher who had been having success in the show, Jae Seo, to the minors. The Mets are obsessed with experience to the point that is absolutely debilitating to the team. While they have Wright and Reyes, they send Seo and Diaz down to the minors when, as Darlucky showed us, they had been two of the most successful Mets this year. Excellent. Diaz, at least, was sent down for a legitimate reason. I know the Mets had to trade for Ishii when Trachsel went down, but once Heilman showed himself to be much superior to Ishii, that should have been the end of it.

And in politics, apparently there is a deal on the right-wing judges. I'm not sure how I feel, but I'm going to give Sen. Reid (D-NV) the benefit of the doubt on this one. He's been doing a great job so far. But it doesn't get me too excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home