Friday, June 03, 2005

More Pedro

sporting goods

I know, I know, you must be pretty sick of me putting up a post about Pedro after every start, but he did it again.

Quite simply, Pedro is going to get me fired. For most Mets games, I listen to them on the radio from work and, if I get lucky, listen to the rest of the game while I walk the mile home. But when Pedro pitches, I'm drawn out the door early. I find that I need to see what is going to happen. Because it isn't just Pedro, who is simply a joy to watch, but the whole Mets team plays better, on offense, defense, all over the field. They play like they are contenders. Mets fans haven't had that feeling for a while. I'm glad we get to enjoy it every 5 or 6 days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

He is so much different than I expected. I knew we would be getting a stopper, but as a casual Red Sox/American League fan, I always had the impression Pedro was a selfish diva who cared more about himself than his team. (This impression undoubtably comes from his clashes with the Yankees.) Instead, he seems exactly the opposite. I haven't read or heard a single thing that didn't strike me as humble or less than classy. He also always seems to be smiling and laughing. His "we're not worthy" bow to Mike Cameron yesterday (in the middle of the inning!) was a joy to watch. Like Chill, I'll always go out of my way to see him pitch. But I do it for more than the chance to see him strike guys out. I watch because of the way he lifts the whole team on his shoulders, smiling the whole time.

Friday, June 03, 2005 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

He seems to have a new energy right now, and I'm loving it. It's not like what it was like watching him in 99/2000, but it's sitll just a joy to watch.

Friday, June 03, 2005 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home