Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday Random 10

Whatever

I gotta tell you, I'm really happy it's Friday. And not just because it gives us an excuse to rock out to the random iTunes 10!

I'm not going to rate my coolness, as Amanda does over Pandagon. But I'm sure my stuff would make a cooler person blush. Here it is.

1. Daytona 500 - Ghostface Killah - In my college IM softball days, I chose this as my intro music.
2. Geek Stink Breath - Green Day - My iTunes really loves Green Day.
3. Don't Be Afraid - Aaron Hall - From the "Juice" soundtrack, one of the all time greats. Aaron Hall had a video in the mid-90s that almost made me cry. Yeah, I'll admit it.
4. Put Your Hammer Down - Wu Tang Clan - I've finally started uploading from my huge Wu collection. You have been warned.
5. Shove this Jay-Oh-Bee - Canibus with the Biz - From Office Space closing credits, great song for a Friday.
6. Jazz - A Tribe Called Quest - Mind gets flooded? Ejaculation.
7. Chorale: "Jesus bieibet meine Freude" - J.S. Bach - Great song, but don't want it to bring me down on a Friday. Skip!
8. Street Fighting Man - Rolling Stones - A top 10 Stones tune, in my opinion.
9. U Mean I'm Not - Black Sheep - I guarantee seeing this title made Chill laugh. Contains the classic lyric "Who The F*** used my toothbrush?"
10. Lifted - Green Room - Nate and JoJo would be proud to be on a list of 10 with Tribe.

Hit me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

U Mean I'm Not - awesome. Here we go:
1. What Cool Breezes Do - Digible Planets - too bad they faded out so quickly. Two great albums.
2. Verbal Clap - De la Soul - De la keeps putting out great albums, 2004's Grind Date was one of the best of the year.
3. I'll Fly Away - Kanye West - just a couple more weeks until his new album.
4. Handle Your Time - Prince Paul (Sadat X, Xzibit, Kid Creole) - From the best concept album ever, A Prince Among Thieves.
5. We Right Here - DMX - I've never listened to this song.
6. Praise the Lord - Everlast - I have to admit that I really like Everlast's solo stuff.
7. Hootie Hoo - OutKast - I could listen to nothing by the OutKast albums for weeks. Actually I think I've done that before.
8. Last Day - Biggie - I admit it, never a huge Biggie fan.
9. En Focus - De la Soul - great song, from an album everyone forgets, Buhloone Mind State.
10. Pop Quiz - Victor Vaughn - way over on the edges of hip-hop there is some really creative and innovative stuff, this is it.

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Chill said...

Ours go to eleven.
11. Flawless - Phife Dawg - good song, not the best solo album. Love how he rips Q-tip for the garbage that was the Amplified album (although the unreleased Kamaal the Abstract album is great, different but great). It seems clear that Tip broke up Tribe. Although Tip's response on What Lies Beneath off the Soundbombing 3 album is classic. Too bad the much rumored Tribe reunion album never happened.

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Chill said...

By the way, does it get much better than Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, and even Pete Rock's first solo joint.

Friday, August 05, 2005 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

I dunno, C.L. began to wear on me after a while. I think maybe he was TOO smooth. They just never had that much replay value for me because of that.

I realize that in a hip hop discussion I could be seriously flamed for that.

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Chill said...

Maybe. The sound though, with Pete Rock's beats and production is still revolutionary.

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home