Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Church folk

Sporting Goods

I missed this when it first came out, but apparantly an article about "faith in the clubhouse" has gotten Nationals outfielder Ryan Church in trouble, and the team's chaplain fired. The offending issue:

An article in Sunday's paper about Baseball Chapel quoted Church as saying that he had turned to (chaplain) Moeller for advice about his former girlfriend, who was Jewish. "I said, like, Jewish people, they don't believe in Jesus. Does that mean they're doomed? Jon nodded, like, that's what it meant. My ex-girlfriend! I was like, man, if they only knew. Other religions don't know any better. It's up to us to spread the word," Church said.
I think, like, the real upsetting part of it all is that Ryan Church had a huge game against the Mets a few weeks ago, on, like, Jewish Heritage Day at Shea Stadium. It looks as if the schedulers gave Church a reason to be extra motivated, not what the Mets needed at that point in their season.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

Anything funny about the dude's name being Church? Anything.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Chill said...

Dude, I was like talking to my biology professor today and, like, I asked him if, like, people who believed in Creationism and Intelligent Design were, like, ignorant and stupid. And he just nodded, like that's what it meant. Man, if they only knew.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 1:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home