Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Da Trailer

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

A few thoughts from the new full-length trailer for Ron Howard's The Da Vinci Code.

1) Tom Hanks' hair is, well, unexpected.
2) Paul Bettany looks awesome as an albino.
3) No one speaks portentous dialogue better than Ian McKellan. (Ex: Lord of the Rings, X-Men, etc.)

I feel like a bit of a tool writing about what will be next year's least surprising blockbuster. (Does anyone not know the twist?) Movies like this are far more interesting to me six months before they are released than six months after.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

I don't know the twist. I have done everything in my power to avoid thinking, reading, talking about the Divinci Code (until now, apparently).

I'm actually quite proud of my success. I didn't even know there WAS a twist.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me ask you a question. This twist. Is there a knuckle involved in any way?
-O

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger Chill said...

Fibonacci? That's a math thing. I remember that. Ohh, now I'm intrigued.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

I picture Dennis Quaid as Langdon. Had to do a lot of thinking on that one, back when they first announced Hanks, but seems to fit.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home