Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Count me out

SPORTING GOODS

While mostly everyone seems to be excited that the Sox are making a serious pitch to bring back Roger Clemens, count me among those who are not. I could probably rant about this for quite a long time in the right setting, but I'll just point to two reasons why I think this is a dumb idea.

#1 - Are we really going to forget Roger's previous misdeeds so quickly? (ESPN Insider access needed to read, but you get the point with the headline)

#2 - The Sox have 2 too many starting pitchers as it is, that we don't know what to do with. Yeah, yeah, you can never have too much pitching. But pitching costs money, and there are egos involved. If you bring in Clemens, only one of the following four pitchers can start: Wells, Clement, Arroyo, or Papelbon. And it would not really be easy/easy/ethical/ or smart to trade those guys, nor a viable option to put 3 of them in the pen.

I just impressed myself by writing about this subject without ranting, cursing, or making any fat jokes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I like how you actually link to McGees for the "right setting." Is this a hint or just the best example of a good ranting place, especially RE the $3.50 pint special?

Clemens sucks. Booo!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many more groin pulls do we have to get hit over the head with before we learn our lesson?

Mr. Clemens? Good day, sir.

-I SAAID GOOOOD DAY!


-O

Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home