Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yay for the Guy I've never Seen!

SPORTING GOODS

Oh my dear lord, well that is frustrating. I just wrote a whole post on the Red Sox, and when I went to copy it, for reasons unexplained I hit delete. I will now hurdle myself out the window, and when I become conscious again, will try to re-create it. Here goes:

With the signing of Daisuke Matsuzaka, our long national nightmare is now over! Here are a few quick thoughts:

- I don't care how much money they paid for this guy. Unless every dollar spent on him is a dollar we don't spend elsewhere, then we could have given him $200 million for all I care.
- Then again, that is why "small market" teams hate the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, etc. Why are the Red Sox not considered small market? Boston is not that big, huge chunks of CT, VT, and even MA root for the Yankees. Is there some huge tribe of uber-wealthy woodsmen in Maine that I don't know about?
- In a year where guys like Vicente Padilla and Gil Meche, who could be found on the waiver wires of fantasy baseball leagues across the land, are getting $10 and $11 million dollar contracts (per year!), I think we might have gotten ourselves a steal.
- Now that we have Matsuzaka, I was hoping the Roger Clemens talk would cease. It hasn't.
- With this signing, it is obvious that the Red Sox are looking to win it all this year (surprise!). So can we stop trying to run Manny out of town? I wish some writer for the Globe would tell me how to feel about this.
- So what are we calling this guy? Dice-K? D-Mat? Sookie? I will await the Rem-Dawg's instructions on the final name choice.
- Schilling, Beckett, Dice-K/D-Mat/Sookie, Wakefield and Papelbon. I am very excited about that; now if only they could find someone to close out their many wins. I'm looking at you, Akinori Otsuka of the Texas Rangers. See his awesome numbers here.

That wasn't "a few" nor was it "short" but it's been a while since I was excited about the 2007 Red Sox! And now to hit post without highlighting the whole post and hitting delete ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come onnnnn, wildcard!
-O

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to Yankees Hot Stove last night, which I am sure is where all Red Sox fans take their advice, the official nickname appears to be D-Mat. This was just from NY sports writers, not the Yankees themselves, ghckmourbut feel free to adopt a completely different name just to spite them.

Friday, December 15, 2006 8:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Damn word verification!

Friday, December 15, 2006 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

did you just call me a ghckmourbut?

i can't believe it!

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home