Monday, February 12, 2007

Just another reason to hate Duke Basketball

Sporting Goods

In comment to former NBA player John Amaechi's revelation that he is gay, recent Duke player Shavlik Randolph offered this gem, "As long as you don't bring your gayness on me, I'm fine." Good stuff. I knew I hated him but I thought it was because of his play in the 2004 Final Four game against UConn.

(To be fair to Duke, not something I'm wont to do, Grant Hill offered this assessment, "The fact that John has done this, maybe it will give others the comfort or confidence to come out as well, whether they are playing or retiring.")

Nevertheless, Duke's four ACC losses in a row warms my heart. Of course, UConn could not be playing worse this year. Sunday's loss to Georgia Tech was unbearable and actually unwatchable. Do any of these guys know how to hit a mid-range jump shot or even finish a play? How about a good outlet pass once in a while?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home