Friday, March 23, 2007

Cheap

Sporting Goods

Has there ever big a bigger no-call than the should have been traveling violation on Jeff Green's game-winning shot in the Georgetown-Vandy game? Absolutely ridiculous. And the fact that CBS's esteemed commentators didn't have the courage to call it what it was during numerous replays is even more ridiculous. Nantz and Packer are the worst.

I just watched it a bunch more. He traveled twice. Unbelievable.

Looks like CBS is going to talk about it in the studio. About time. Ludicrous.

UPDATE (10:45): I think I found something more lame than the Nantz-Packer silence in the AP's description of the game. In the seventh paragraph we get this:
Green started to make a move, fumbled the ball. He recovered, made a turnaround move and banked home the short jumper with two Vandy players trying to stop him. Replays seemed to indicate he may have walked by switching his pivot foot.
(Emphasis added) I haven't seen language that equivocal since I tried to explain to my parents what happened to the beer in their fridge on my 20th birthday. Lame. Vandy was cheated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home