Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bush's War

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

I taped the Frontline two-parter, "Bush's War," last week, not thinking that I'd find in it anything I didn't already know or sense. Indeed, after watching the first half yesterday, I find that to be the case with one exception: The infighting and turf wars between the departments of Defense (represented by Cheney and Rumsfeld) and State (represented by Powell and Tenet) were apparently such that poor clueless George, stuck in the middle, really never knew whether he was coming or going. (And the person who should've helped him figure all this out, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, was of no help.) Ultimately, Cheney ruled, and we see the disastrous results to this day. It's clear from the presentation who the real POTUS has been for the last seven years.

On a related note, I finished Still Broken last night. I can't recommend it highly enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

that's funny, i finished "still broken" just one day before you did (on a flight)

it was excellent

and scary

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home