Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Enough

MANIFESTO

I can't stand this.

For the record:

It is a mis-statement to say you ran from sniper fire in Bosnia when it was really, say, Serbia or South Central.

It is a lie to say you ran from gunfire when you never ever in recorded history ran from gunfire.

And the difference is not a "minor blip."

IT IS A LIE.

By any standard.

Even though she was never my girl, I used to tell people Hillary would be unbeatable because she would never let the GOP swift-boat her. Now I truly believe she would lose by ten points, minimum. The Republicans could have a website called "What's Hillary Lying About Today?" and half of their posts would be accurate. I mean, she is habitual.

The biggest reason I've been for Obama is I think he is the one most likely to bring reconciliation to Washington and the country. One of his most admirable qualities is that he doesn't root around in the mud like most politicians. But this is one time I wish he would leave his manners at the door and just call bullshit.

I don't usually put a lot of stock in David Brooks, but his 3/25 column "The Long Defeat" sums up everything I've been feeling for the last few weeks. For the first time, I'm feeling what my Republican friends said they felt when the Clintons were in the White House. There is nothing they won't do to grab power. There is no one they won't sully or destroy. No one is safe from their kitchen sink. Even if they only have a five percent chance of winning the nomination.

I would actually consider not voting this November if Hillary is our nominee. (I would never vote for McCain.) Put me down as undecided about it.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger monocle said...

An interesting take on HRC's apparent hysteria can be found here.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I would have voted for her awhile back, but even I have to admit that it is a little out of hand. I think its probably time for her to bow out, but given the latest circumstances I highly doubt it would happen. She won't win the nomination, but it seems near impossible that she'll leave under these circumstances. Don't worry Obama-lovers (and you are all so evangelical!), you're boy will win. Just be patient.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home