Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crawling from under various rocks

MANIFESTO

New York Governor Paterson's directive to state agencies to recognize gay marriages legally performed in other states and countries is already causing quite a stir in the Empire State.
The Rev. Duane Motley of New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms says the Democratic governor is circumventing the Legislature and courts and slapping New Yorkers in the face.
I'm struck by the incredibly ironic name of the Rev. Mr. Motley's homophobic group. One would assume that a group with such a moniker would support (in best Lewis Black imitation) the equal protection of the laws!

Oh well. Let Mr. Black speak on my behalf regarding this issue. (The last minute or so is the most salient.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

I woke up this morning with a rosy cheek and a pain in my jaw. I thought I had just slept in the wrong position. Now I find out that it is because Gov. Patterson is "slapping New Yorkers in the face." Must have got me while I was sleeping. What a bastard.

That'll be the last time I vote for a Lt. Gov. I've never heard of who gets appointed Gov. because his boss gets caught laundering money to pay hookers for sex while wearing socks.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Drift said...

The Democratic People's Republic of North Korea is neither a republic, for the people, nor Democratic. It does, however,occupy the nothern half of the Korean Peninsula. That makes me think while "New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms" may actually be composed of people from New York, the rest is questionable.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home