Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Getting out of the kitchen

MANIFESTO

The doyenne of Connecticut politics is retiring.
An emotional Gov. M. Jodi Rell announced Monday that she will not seek re-election next year, signaling the end of a tenure that brought her the highest popularity ratings in Connecticut history and setting off a scramble to replace her when she steps down in January 2011.
Needless to say, I thought MJ was among the least competent politicians I've ever encountered. She was a lot like XLIII in that they both didn't do very much except cheerlead, essentially giving up the power of their offices to malevolent minions like Dick Cheney and Lisa Moody.

I just want more in a governor than one who urges me to give blood and reminds me what (and what not) to call 911 for.

Some people have already indicated they'll be seeking her job as she leaves the heat of Hartford's kitchen for her own more June Cleaver-like one in Bethany.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home