Wednesday, June 09, 2010

One man's opinion

SPORTING GOODS

Just voted for the all stars, and I can't say it was particularly exciting this year, what with the Sox trying to keep their heads above water and various other teams not being particularly exciting.

At any rate, here's how I voted:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

First Base:Youkilis, K., BOS
Second Base:Cano, R., NYY
Shortstop:Jeter, D., NYY
Third Base:Beltre, A., BOS
Catcher:Mauer, J., MIN
DH:Guerrero, V., TEX
Outfielder:Rios, A., CWS
Outfielder:Suzuki, I., SEA
Outfielder:Swisher, N., NYY

NATIONAL LEAGUE

First Base:Pujols, A., STL
Second Base:Prado, M., ATL
Shortstop:Tulowitzki, T., COL
Third Base:Polanco, P., PHI
Catcher:Rodriguez, I., WAS
Outfielder:Braun, R., MIL
Outfielder:Byrd, M., CHC
Outfielder:Ethier, A., LAD

Picking a catcher in the National League was tough, since they all have about the same stats, and they get fewer starts than the other position players. Oh well, I'll be in Maine the night of July 13 and probably won't watch the game anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

Know I'm a little biased as a Mets fan but I can't agree on Polanco. Don't think he's better than Wright. Of course, Ryan Zimmerman has been better than both.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger monocle said...

Pretty much went with BA on this one--as on many of the picks.

Only one I was a bit sentimental with was Pudge Rodriguez--especially after Strasburg's comments of the other night.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home