Sunday, April 17, 2005

Can I vote Kerr(e)y Again?

MANIFESTO

According to NY1 and the Times, it seems I may be able to vote Kerry again, or at least Kerrey. The former Democratic Senator from Nebraska is considering taking a run at Mr. Bloomberg, my fellow alum.

I can say that, with the exception of Mr. Bloomberg's Gestapo tactics during the Republican national convention, I respect some of the things he has done for the city. I figured I would vote for him if the NY Dems decided to re-run any of the candidates from the last election, but now, there might be a race.

Of course, Mr. Kerrey has expressed some support for the Bush Social Security privitization non-plan, while Mr. Bloomberg calls it the fraud and bamboozle it is. So this could be the first time in my voting life that I actually have to make a tough choice. I don't know if the fact that I've never made a tough choice in almost 8 years of voting is amazing or sad. At least I won't be writing in my father's name like I used to when Darth Sidious, aka Joe Lieberman, ran unopposed. When will the CT-Dems find a strong Primary challenger? I'm looking at you Mr. Newman. 80 year old Senator, whatever, c'mon, give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home