Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Who else?

Sporting Goods

W, 9 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 12 K, 2.45 ERA, .67 WHIP.

I was stuck at work so I had to listen to the game on the radio. From three years of living in Boston and now with Pedro following me to NY, I realized that there are at least three different Pedros.

First, there is blow em away with fastball Pedro. We don't see him that much anymore, but still occasionally.

Second, there is change-up, change of speed Pedro. He's the usual Pedro now.

Finally, there is curveball Pedro. The most rare Pedro and my favorite. All he does is throw breaking stuff. The curveball is my favorite pitch. There is no other pitch that makes hitters appear more ridiculous but that has such a small margin for error. Apparently last night was curveball Pedro. And if it weren't for a couple of hangers in the 7th inning, Pedro and the Mets would have their first no-hitter, respectively. I'm disappointed that I missed it.

STAT OF THE DAY

From ESPN BBTN:

• Opponents are hitting .151 against Pedro Martinez this season.

The only pitcher with a lower opponents batting average in his first 12 starts, since 1920, is Bob Turley for the 1955 Yankees (.147).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home