Friday, July 01, 2005

Court shows

whatever

So I'm home today, pretty much just rundown, and I finally have the chance to watch some of these court shows. So on Texas Justice, a rap promoter sued his partner for bills for a concert. Seems simple enough. But for some reason the Judge wanted to hear, as part of the evidence, an example of the quality of artist that appeared at the concert. So on comes "Smoot" who stands next to the bench and actually spits some not atrocious rhymes. Of course now the Plaintiff wants a chance to show off his rhymes, so he gets up and busts off a verse. Not as good. Anyway, the judge denies the claim. To me it all appeared like a ruse to get a chance to get on TV and promote a fledgling record label. Pretty creative stuff. Man I wish being a lawyer was actually like this. Although I'd be in trouble if I had to rap my proof to a court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home