Friday, June 24, 2005

Nomack

sporting goods

I knew Tony Womack was a bad player. I express disbelief whenever I see him batting 2nd in the lineup. I couldn't believe that they would put someone with his "batting skills" in the outfield. As a Sox fan, I even celebrated his signing.

But I didn't realize that he was this bad. Go read Larry Mahnken's well-research rant about how Womack is killing the Yankees. It is worth the read, even if you don't understand some of the stats he uses. Some choice nuggets:

- Among qualified players, Tony Womack ranks 171st in the Major Leagues in OPS. There are 172 qualified players.
- 108 Major Leaguers have a higher Batting Average than Tony Womack's SLG.
- Tony Womack has more sacrifice bunts than extra-base hits (6-5).

1 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

My favorite part of that post, aside is how all the predictions, from you and both me and our regular reader O, have been spot-on. There has got to be a MLB job for us somewhere.

Friday, June 24, 2005 1:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home