Monday, July 18, 2005

Leit's Out

SPORTING GOODS

So Al Leiter escaped his disasterous second run with the Marlins and had a stellar debut with the Yankees last night. I still can't get myself to root for the Yankees over anyone, especially the Red Sox, but I am thrilled for Leiter. From his glory years with the Mets, he is probably my favorite pitcher ever. I loved his gutsy, bust-them-inside style of pitching and the fact that he was so comfortable with the press that his post-game comments seemed less run-off-the-mill than everyone else's. Hopefully he'll finish his career with his head held high and move into the Mets' broadcast booth next season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

Obviously I can't get too excited that Leiter's resurgence comes in pinstripes, would have much preferred it in San Diego or something.

Nice job the Sox making him look like a Cy Young candidate last night.

Monday, July 18, 2005 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home