Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Missing Black Woman!!??!

Manifesto

So after a week and prodding from bloggers, mostly at the All Spin Zone, CNN actually has a story about Latoyia Figueroa, a pregnant Philadelphia woman who has been missing for more than a week.

Thanks for coming to the party CNN.

I'm impressed with the bloggers who pushed this story for the week that CNN ignored it. I don't think CNN has any obligation to help find missing person, but explain to me how this story is any different from Lacy Peterson, runaway bride, or Natalee Holloway. There is only one difference and it is obvious. Sorry for harping on this but I'm amazed. Not to be too cynical, but I doubt we'll get regular updates from CNN about the status of the case such as this gem about poor Ms. Holloway.

UPDATE (1:35): The "poor" above is completely sincere. I feel for Ms. Holloway's family. All my critiques go solely to the media's coverage of her disappearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home