Monday, August 15, 2005

80 mpg?

MANIFESTO

One of the things that drives me most crazy is how our President turns his back on the political and economic possibilities that hybrid automobiles offers this country. I'm convinced people would rally behind him if he were to initiate a national movement to reduce oil consumption and promote American car companies that produce more efficient cars. Not to mention take money out of the hands of Middle Eastern terrorists. Of course he's a Texas oil man, so that is never going to happen. But the revolution may just happen anyway as gas prices tick higher and higher under his watch.

If I owned a car it would be a hybrid. And if I owned a hybrid, I would drive it out to California to visit Ron Gremban. He's an electrical engineer who spent $3000 tinkering with his own Prius, which now gets 80 miles to the gallon. Detroit says they'll look at Gremban's modifications and see if anything can be learned from them. Geez, I would hope so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

Having spent $50 on gas to drive 600 miles this weekend. I can't help but agree.

Monday, August 15, 2005 4:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home