Friday, September 23, 2005

Weekend prediction

Sporting Goods

Maybe this is the pre-2004 sports fan in me talking, but I think that on Monday morning the Sox will be 2 games out of the AL East lead, meaning they will be forced to somehow make up a game next week, in order to avoid needing a sweep of the Yankees to make the playoffs.

And I think the Pats will be 1-2 after a disheartening loss to the Steelers, who will be overly excited about beating the Patriots one game too late.

As I sip my beer and think about running out into traffic, I will be reminded of the opening NFL weekend of 2003, when the Pats lost 31-0 and the Sox lost a critical game to the Yankees. And I'll think, "hey at least I won't have to go through the pain of an ALCS loss in a few weeks", and become a Cleveland Indians fan until November.

Monday morning update: Sometimes, it just feels good to be wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home