Thursday, November 03, 2005

What is up with this sentence?

whatever

Nobody else cares, but what is up with this sentence from the AP story on Joey Buttafuoco?
He was a New York auto body shop owner in 1992 when his 17-year-old lover, Amy Fisher, shot his wife, Mary Jo. Fisher, nicknamed the "Long Island Lolita," served seven years in prison.
Seriouly, if you didn't know what happened would this sentence help you at all? It is sad when I point out bad writing.

Update:(by Chill) I'm a moron. One, this is two sentences. Two, I didn't notice that when I read it which led to my confusion. I simply didn't see the period after Jo. With that, this PARAGRAPH makes sense. Again, I'm an idiot, please move on to the next post. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

i can't believe you were reading a story about joey buttafuoco

Thursday, November 03, 2005 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Chill said...

It reminded me of the hilarious Newsradio episode where Andy Dick keeps referencing how he mispronounced his last name. Just the thought of Newsradio brings a smile to my face.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home