Friday, October 28, 2005

Interesting Angle


Manifesto

I know I've railed against CNN in the past, and I admit that I only look at the negative and not the positive. But can anybody explain to me, how on the day the Vice President's Chief of Staff is indicted on two counts of perjury, two counts of making false statements, and an overarching count of obstruction of justice, this is CNN's headline?

So CNN's angle in this case is that Libby feels bad. Really? Now, to be fair, the underlying story discusses many of these issues and CNN's reporting this week has been good, but I just don't get this headline. Why am I supposed to care how Libby feels? I understand interviewing him and conveying his reaction, but how is this the headline? Can anybody out there offer a justification other than mine, that this is simply an example of the worst parts of the modern media, the idea that everything is a human interest story.

"A sad day for me and my family." No s#@!. Way to break a story, CNN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home