Wednesday, December 14, 2005

MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: The Climactic Death of Dark Ninja


UNIVERSAL REMOTE

I highly recommend this short film that is being shown on IFC this month. I stumbled across it by accident, after a family member asked me to record another short that IFC is showing this month.

I enjoyed the short I was asked to record, Right Foot, Left Foot, about a guy (who you'll recognize from commercials) with a crappy life and crappy job, who deals with it all with his imagination. There are some funny moments, and it's all very well put together.

But another short included in the same half-hour or hour, "The Climactic Death of Dark Ninja," steals the show. I don't know if it's the fantastic timing of (some of) the actors, the clever little twists that really made me laugh, or the fact that its plot (about a bunch of kids making a movie about ninjas) hit so close to home, but I highly recommend it. Especially if you've ever filmed, or been involved in the production of, an amateur ninja movie.

You can catch both short films on IFC, but because of the strange schedules, I suggest setting your Tivo.

Show times:
Wednesday, December 14 3:45PM
Tuesday, December 20 5:00AM
Thursday, December 22 5:05AM
Saturday, December 24 5:00AM
Saturday, December 24 3:30PM
Monday, December 26 5:45PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

I'm picturing it now. A ninja movie in the snow. But what should it be called?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

Frigid Ninja?

Icy Ninja?

Ninja in the Snow?

I'm not sure.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eat it, Polar Ninja.

-O

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home