Thursday, February 23, 2006

This is cool

Sporting Goods

This is just a cool story.
GREECE, N.Y. - He had done everything he was asked to do for the Greece Athena High School basketball team — keep the stats, run the clock, hand out water bottles.
That all changed last week for the team manager in the final home game of the season. The 17-year-old senior, who is autistic and usually sits on the bench in a white shirt and black tie, put on a uniform and entered the game with his team way ahead.

McElwain proceeded to hit six 3-point shots, finished with 20 points and was carried off the court on his teammates’ shoulders.
I figured when I read the highlight that the other team must have let him score. Then I read that it was all threes. And I watched the video at CNN. I can't link to it, but I suggest you go to CNN and scroll down on the video clips until you find it. Just really cool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

I saw this on ESPN while I was at the gym. Unfortunately, the sound was off and I couldn't really figure out why everyone was going crazy. Amazing story.

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:21:00 AM  
Blogger Yossarian said...

Holy shit. I just watched that again and couldn't help but tear up a little. Maybe it's late, but that beats anything that's happened at the Olympics. The Knicks should sign this kid. He's better than anyone they have now.

TIP: Look for the video (under the sports heading) labeled "T-Mac."

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:29:00 AM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

i got choked up at work watching this.

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home