Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Me Like Mike

MANIFESTO

The Pulitzer Prizes were awarded yesterday and I was thrilled to see the brilliant Mike Luckovich won for "Editorial Cartooning." Luckovich was cited for twenty cartoons he created for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Like any Op-Ed writer, Luckovich takes sides and lets his opinion be known. The Pulitzer board praised him "for his powerful cartoons on an array of issues, drawn with a simple but piercing style."

"Incompetence/Fantasy" is my favorite because it is so dead-on but they are all worth a look. (Don't miss "CBS," "Eat Less Fatso," "Back of the Bus,"or "Why?" either.) I defy anyone to say more with less than Luckovich.

And he wins a cash prize of $10,000!

NOTE: I also want to give the Pulitzer Board credit for having the stones to not give out an award for Drama this year. (There were three plays nominated...hate to be one of those writers.) I find it refreshing that they are willing to admit that some years are better than others and sometimes no one deserves an award. Now if only they would give an award for filmmaking. I guarantee it wouldn't have gone to Crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home