Friday, December 15, 2006

Bags

SPORTING GOODS

I'm kind of annoyed that Jeff Bagwell's retirement news is completely tainted by my own internal steroids speculation. He had a great career, although largely silent the last few years, and instead of marveling at his accomplishments and coming on here to make his hall of fame case, I just read every word with a negative view.

Stupid steroids. Thanks for ruining that.

Jeff Bagwell. One of the greatest hitting first basemen ever, and from my old backyard of Killingworth, CT. Great (but awful) goatee. Great stance. Made Larry Andersen the answer to a trivia quetsion. And now officially out of baseball after injury plagued seasons. Will never forget the night I didn't get his autograph at a New Britain Red Sox game while all my friends did, even though I could have probably recited his stats. I was 12 and knew that the Sox should have traded Scott Cooper insteed of him. He should have replaced Boggs. I'm rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home