Saturday, March 17, 2007

Thoughts on UNC v. MSU

Sporting Goods

Let me preface my comments by noting that UNC is clearly the superior team and would win nine of ten match-ups against an over-matched MSU team. That said, do you think the officials told Tom Izzo that they were going to job the Spartans? I half expected the officials to take off their stripes to reveal Carolina blue jerseys. Am I revealing a bias here or did anybody else the think the officiating was a little one-sided?

On another note, Tyler Hansbrough travels as he receives every entry pass in the post. He's a good player but his footwork needs a lot of work. He's going to get killed in the league. Hopefully he knows this and sticks at UNC for another year or two.

Oh, and Drew Neitzel is a beloved Spartan and every announcer raves about him but isn't he just the definition of a "chucker"? I don't care how bad his teammates are. He takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. Sure he makes some difficult shots but isn't a lot of that just a function of the quantity he takes. It is ridiculous.

Of course, nothing is as ridiculous of the 20-13 halftime score of the UCLA/Indiana game. Ugh.

With UConn not in this tourney, and with MSU losing, I have no idea who I'm rooting for the rest of the way. I do like seeing Vandy win. Plus they play Georgetown next. So Vandy is one. But for teams with an actual chance of winning. I guess I'm going UNC or maybe Wisconsin. (Just watched a glowing interview about the Badgers' coach on HBO's Real Sports. He's like the anti-Bob Knight.) UConn fans out there, who are you rooting for?

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

Very difficult. Can't stand the Big 10 or Pac 10, or the SEC really although I've enjoyed the two teams from Tennessee

So guess I'm pulling for the Vols, Vandy, and anyone from the big east. enjoy watching Memphis as well, but don't think they are going to make it.

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger monocle said...

UConn women!

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home