Friday, April 29, 2005

Charade

MANIFESTO

This started as a comment on Chill's State of the Union post but got a little out of control so I've decided to let it fly on its own.

I don't know why they even have these stupid press conferences with Bush. He NEVER answers the question he is asked and without the benefit of a follow up, the inquiring reporter can do nothing but sit there and stew. I especially like how he kept saying he had no idea why there was such and poisoned partisan atmosphere in Washington and how disappointed he is about it. Give me a break. And when someone asked about the lawsuit brought by the largest teacher union challenging No Child Left Behind, he said in an aw shucks sort of way "I haven't read the lawsuit, I'm not a lawyer." I literally dropped my fork on that one. I don't even know why I bother to try and stay informed. The whole thing is the biggest insult to my intelligence I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home