Thursday, April 28, 2005

Time for a New Set of Headphones

WHATEVER

Apparently, theft on the subway is up and the biggest culprit is your iPod. According to the MTA, 50 have been stolen from riders so far this years, up from zero in the same period last year. The M.O. of the thieves copies that of purse-snatchers from the 70s: They wait until the doors are just about to close, grab it, and leave you stuck on the train. The MTA is recommending people to switch from the famous white ear buds to a more generic pair. They're also telling people to keep your iPod inside your pocket or purse.

Thanks dude, but what and I supposed to do when my shuffle hits "Hey Ya!" for the billionth time?

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

I've been paranoid since they first mentioned this in the paper a couple weeks ago, now I see it's confirmed.

I've been keeping mine in an inside pocket, just to be safe. Of course, if it was snatched, I think I'd get a quick look of disappointment when they realized it was only a shuffle, not the real thing.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 5:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home