Monday, April 18, 2005

Patriot's Day

Sporting Goods

Patriot's Day, the celebration of the shot heard round the world, doesn't actually happen until tomorrow, but one of the best local sports days of the year happens today in Boston in honor of the Massachusetts holiday. The Boston Marathon starts in a minute or two, and the Red Sox play their annual 11am baseball game today at Fenway.

I used to love the Patriot's Day game at Fenway, because it happened during April Vacation and I got to attend a few times in the early 90s. As the Red Sox became a tougher ticket, and I lost my April vacations to adulthood, the game ultimately made the transition to something I would follow online at work. Now if I can just convince my boss and our clients not to have any conference calls from 11 to 2:30, thanks to the magic of MLB radio, I'll be all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home