Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dum-da dum DUMB

Sporting Goods

So can someone explain to me what qualifications Steve Phillips has to be an ESPN contributor? Yes he worked for a major league organization, but he was fired for incompetence, and not hired by anyone else.

It certainly isn't for his analytic or writing talent. Have a look at his latest if you haven't already, although you need an Insider password to read the whole embarassing thing.

He actually takes something that I would consider to be an interesting idea, and makes you question it all along the way. In his draft of all players, he smartly takes A-Rod, Pujols, Tejada, Santana 1 through 4.

But Pedro #5? Chipper Jones #9? Over Carlos Beltran (20)?
He'd pick a closer (Lidge, Gagne) over players like Beltran and Ichiro?
I really can't rationally discuss this, so thought I would point it out for other people to shake their head as they read through it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

I actually stopped reading when I saw Pedro at #5. I love Pedro but what the hell is he thinking. Then I realized that he was GM when the Mets started the decline in the toilet, hello Mo Vaughn, Robbie Alomar, etc. That's when I nearly started crying.

Also, from former Met intern, he's a horse's ass, and a dirty old man.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home