Friday, July 29, 2005

iTunes Friday - Masta Ace Edition

Whatever

Easily the most underrated rapper of all time. I discovered him in compilation songs and bought his album based on reviews alone. Simply one of my top 5 favorite artists. Here's what iTunes likes today.

1. Maintain - from Hits U Missed (a cd of unreleased songs that isn't like most of the unreleased cds. These weren't released because he couldn't get a good deal, not because they are bad, see Biggie and Tupac.
2. Unfriendly Game (with Strict)- from Disposable Arts (I have only heard Strict on Ace songs. Would love to buy an album.)
3. The Phat Kat Ride - from Sittin on Chrome
4. Jeep Ass Nigguh - from Slaughterhouse (a genius cd, wish I heard it in 1993)
5. Late Model Sedan - from Slaughterhouse
6. Hold U - from Disposable Arts
7. The Big East - from Slaughterhouse
8. H.O.O.D. - from A Long Hot Summer (best hip-hop cd of 2004)
9. Me and the Biz - from The Best of Cold Chillin Masta Ace (classic late 80s rap)
10. Type I Hate - from Disposable Arts

What you got?

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

word

1. Butter - A Tribe Called Quest
2. Half Man Half Amazin - Pete Rock
3. Jonz in My Bonz - D'Angelo
4. Unhappy - Big Boi
5. Check The Rhime - Tribe (again)
6. Got Kinda Hi - The Goats
7. Parle Moi de ma mere - from Carmen
8. I'm the Only Gay Eskimo - Corky and the Juice Pigs
9. Sneaking Up On Ya - Fu-Schnickens
10. Word Play - Tribe (again)

The song from Carmen is absolutely beautiful - too bad they name the songs on the CD by their first line, leaving this one as "Tell me about my mother."

Also, I'm sure the Goats and Unhappy have made it on my Friday list before.

Friday, July 29, 2005 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Darlucky said...

Chill - I think I might have the video of Jeep Ass Nigguh on a series of Time Warner videos that I used to get by mail in the early 90s.

It's probably been tossed by now, but if it's still around I'll give it to you next chance I get.

Friday, July 29, 2005 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home