Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's no Secret at all

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

I'm not going to pretend that I have any business reviewing concerts, so I won't try. But after seeing U2 last night, all I can say is that everyone should see these guys before it's too late, as they put on an amazing show. Too bad it's hard to get tickets, because there is a reason these guys can sell out four shows in a matter of minutes.

After about three encores, I think that you can say that not a single person walked out of MSG disappointed last night. They played all the old songs that they have to play ("Sunday Bloody Sunday" "Pride" "The Fly" etc.) and "All Because of You" was a worthy opener (though not quite as cool as "Elevation" was a few years ago.) I had never heard "Miss Sarajevo" before, and was really impressed with the song, and with Bono's Pavarotti impression.

I'm not sure how much longer Bono will be able to sing the way that he does, I'm not sure how much Adam likes touring, I'm not sure when U2 will decide to do something weird like Popmart again, so I'd recommend catching their next tour if you have the chance.

Here's a review of the Friday night show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yossarian said...

Miss Sarajevo is from the album they did w/ Brian Eno as "The Passengers." It's good and different than the normal U2 stuff, more instrumentals, kinda experimental. Recommended.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home