Saturday, April 22, 2006

It Gets By Buckner!

SPORTING GOODS

This is probably only interesting to a very small section of the Daily411 audience but some guy has recreated the bottom of the 10th inning of Game 6 of the 1986 World Series on the Nintendo game RBI Baseball. This brought back memories for me on multiple levels. The first was listening the the great Vin Scully call the game on NBC. It's amazing how ingrained this still is in my mind after 20 years. The other was watching those squatty little baseballers in the game. How many hours I spent playing this game when I was a kid...

Watching (so-to-speak) this infamous half-inning again made me realize how Buckner has taken all the blame when it should have fallen on the shoulders of Boston's ineffectual relief pitchers, Calvin Schiraldi and Bob Stanley. Be sure to stick around for the RBI Baseball theme at the end. Here (and here) are some other rallying music selections.

Who knew Marty Barrett was the Miller Lite Player of the Game?

1 Comments:

Blogger Darlucky said...

As much as it hurts, that is an amazing piece of work.

i can only watch it because of 2004.

i was too young to lose sleep that night (it was way past my bedtime anyway), so losing sleep happened to me for the first and only time the night of Aaron Boone's homer.

stupid red sox.

Monday, April 24, 2006 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home