Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So Bad It's Good

SPORTING GOODS

So I was trying to think of a good way to point out how amazingly stupid the 5 year, $40m extension of Jimmy Rollins was, and therefore how amazingly great it was for the Mets, but did not have the time, so I will let Hardball Times do it for me.

He has a .731 career OPS, compared to his league average of .774, and -20 RCAA (runs created above average) in 698 games.

Rollins has led the NL in outs twice, finished 2nd another year, has a perfect record of being in the top 6 in the league in each of the 4 years he's been a starter and is 2nd in 2005. He has the 9th worst OBA in the majors since he became a starter in 2001 (min: 2500 PA)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chill said...

I was wondering if I was the only one who thought that deal was just slightly better than the Mets giving Rey Ordonez $16 million for four years. (Can you believe Rey Ordonez made $21 million in his career?) Now I don't have to. Thnaks. I've never been happier that the Phils went on a ridiculous winning streak that helped drop the Mets to last place.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Yossarian said...

I almost posted about this when I read it but was so un-inspired by his stats I lost all enthusiasm. Beyond stupid.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home